Grand Prix Beroun
June 23-24, 2017
Beroun | Czech republic
- We started as a little event to celebrate the grand opening of the skate plaza in Beroun on May 22nd 2010
- 2011 was the first year we had international athletes at the contest.
- 2012 our event attracted skaters from all over Europe and we added a little music festival.
- 2013 was the year, when we said Hi to skaters from all over the World. Japan | USA | Brazil and many more.
- 2014 the event became a full size international pro contest and a proper music festival. HipHop performers took over right after the contest and we had multiple XGames and WCS medalists from 14 countries competing in the PRO category.
- 2015 We became part of the World Cup Skateboarding series (WCS), introduced professional skateboarders from 21 countries and had the national TV broadcasting the event and 6500 spectators came to watch the contest and listen to the music performers during the entire day.
- 2016 was the year we went fully global, with 20+ countries competing, we partnered up with international TV channels, as well as HellaClips.com and Ride Channel to deliver the WCS event to the largest audience yet.
- AM CATEGORY: Open for 20 non-sponsored riders and sponsored riders under 16yrs of age.
- GIRLS: Girls jam is part of the PRO event. Girls results are separate from all other categories.
- BEST TRICK: Immediately after the PRO event. PRO category semifinalists & finalists can enter Best Trick.
- PRIZE PURSE - TBA | PRO category - TOP 10 places paid.
- PRO category winner also receives a $500 travel voucher, free accommodation & registration to the following WCS event "Jackalope", on August 18 - 20, in Montreal, CANADA. Worth of $1.200 USD
- AM CATEGORY: 80.000,- CZK (3.000 EUR) in PRODUCT and GOODIES
- JACKALOPE FESTIVAL - http://www.jackalopefest.ca
GET CONNECTED WITH US
- join the fb event.: TBA
- facebook fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/grandprixberoun
- VANS official 2015 edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tXJPp248QQ
- instagram: @grandprixberoun
- snapchat: @grandprixberoun
- RIDE channel 2016 edit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_iwz5F5Bcg&t=241s
event organiser | promoter
event coordinator | accommodation | riders registration
- BEST WESTERN GRAND 4* - must be booked through event manager to get our discounted rate.
Other hotels within 3km to the park:
- Hotel OK1 3* - approx $32 / room / night - 8 minutes walking distance to the park
- Hotel VERONA MEA 3* - approx $38 / room / night - 6 minutes walking distance to the park
- Hotel CESKY DVUR 3* - approx $35 / room / night - 5 minutes walking distance to the park
- Hotel NA OSTROVE 3.5* - approx $45 / room / night - including water park - 5min to the park
DIRECTIONS AND TRANSFERS
City of Beroun is located approximately 20km / 12miles away from the Prague (PRG) international airport serving flights from all over the World. Coming from Asia, Africa, Europe or North/South America, PRG is the airport you will be flying to.
We will have JAGERMEISTER VIP shuttles for the international athletes coming to GrandPrix that will be going FROM the airport TO the hotels in Beroun on thursday, June 22nd and shuttles FROM the hotels in Beroun going back TO the airport on sunday. Contact us with your travel details to see if you your arrival times are within our hours of operation.
- THURSDAY (to Beroun): NOON, 15:00, 18:00, 22:00
- FRIDAY (TBA) 13:00, 19:00
- SUNDAY (to the Airport): 10:00, 15:00, 18:00
OTHER WAYS OF TRANSPORTATION and prices:
- TAXI (AAA Taxi service - PRG airport to HOTEL) - $40
- SHUTTLE BUS: (airport - hotel) - $20
BY BUS: From Prague bus stations FLORENC or NOVE BUTOVICE, take a bus going towards the city of PILSEN. Beroun is located about 20 minutes by bus from Prague towards west, on the D5 freeway. Price approximately $7.
BY TRAIN: From Prague train stations PRAGUE MAIN TRAIN STATION (HLAVNI NADRAZI) or SMICHOV STATION (SMICHOVSKE NADRAZI) take a train towards Beroun - about 35 minute ride. The train station is located 3-8 minutes from your hotel, if you booked any of our recommended hotels. No need to take a taxi from the Train Station to your hotel, if necessary, taxi ride won't cost more than $6.
FRIDAY, JUNE 23rd
- open practice for all categories 12:00 - 20:00 with DJs.
- BBQ | riders meeting
- DJ performing from 15:00 - 20:00
- registration open 12:00 - 20:00
- warmup party 20:00 - 22:00
- venue closes at 22:00
SATURDAY, JUNE 24th
- doors open 8:00am
- riders registration: 8:00 - 12:00
- AM category event: 9:00 - 11:45
- PRO category event: 12:30 - 18:00
- BEST TRICK event: 18:00 - 18:30
- 18:45 - 19:45 - TBA
- 20:00 - 21:00 - TBA
- 21:10 - 21:30 - PRIZEGIVING CEREMONY
- 21:45 - 22:30 - PAULIE GARAND & DJ (hiphop)
- 22:30 - 23:30 - event ending with DJs LU2, LuckyBoy, Akvamen
- VENUE CLOSING AT 23:30 for public.